In blog FASHION fashion week nyc nyfw recap seoulwave

NYFW Recap/// KYE, VFILES, CUSTO BARCELONA


KYE x VFILES

I've always allowed my anxiety to get the best of me and I think I've missed out on a lot of opportunities that way. But nonetheless, I'm extremely grateful that I've noticed that now and can make a change ASAP.

Since this past Summer as mentioned before, I've been working for a few fashion stylists. Trying my very best, I was able to push my anxiety to the side and network. THIS WAS THE BEST DECISION THAT I COULD'VE EVER DONE- fyi.

Being the fashion and beauty columnist of Seoulwave is a cool title but I was lacking tremendously in this area. I thought of a few possible articles to write in terms of k-beauty and k-fashion but I had nothing. As August approached, I realized that New York Fashion Week was around the corner. I had to think fast. I came up with the conclusion of just attending shows as press. Simple and exciting! 

One of the stylists that I work closely with gave me a list of designers and it happened so fast. Seoulwave was invited to about ten shows. How amazing, huh?

Of course as time went on, RSVPs were made and confirmed. I was luckily able to attend two shows this year. It would've been more but I have to prioritize school since I'm practically on academic probation...meh.

But these kind of things are a blessing in disguise. Seoulwave sent some crew members to attend the events which made them extremely happy. It was their first time attending NYFW as well as runway shows. It made me even happier knowing that I helped contribute to their first experience.

Nonetheless I attended Korean fashion designer, Kathleen Hanhee Kye's collaboration presentation show along with VFILES at their SoHo location. (KYE + Eyeye). I also attended Spain fashion designer Custo Dalmau's Custo Barcelona SS17 runway show. I had assigned seating and I felt so fancy~ Though I've came a long way, I feel so blessed just to be attending such events. All of this hard work really does pay off but I'll tell you one thing - that's certain. I'm not even done yet, this is only the beginning!  




                             

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment